10.31.2011

It's Ombre, Hombre

It seems Mondays are my day to put things up, just for fun. I have really been liking the ombre trend that has been circulating all over the place. Cake tiers, stripes on cloth, and even hair... everything is ombre these days! I don't know that it's that brand new, but either way, I wanted to put my own spin on it.


These dusty fall colors are all the rage these days, too. Is it gray? Is it purple? I like to think it's both! :)

I think people finally got excited about paint chips sitting around at Lowe's and Home Depot and decided to put their majesty to good use in their crafts, art, and designs. I remember covering a notebook with paint chips in middle school. It's addictive. I made a picture frame using them as well. It has nothing in it yet and isn't hanging up, but I am waiting for the right thing and the right place to become evident to me. Until then, I'll be making more ombre magic happen elsewhere!

Have a delightful evening!

- Lara

P.S. Duhhh, it's Halloween! Totally forgot. Goes to show how spirited I am, and how I don't live somewhere where children are likely to show up at my doorstep, haha. Happy Halloween! I'll see you tomorrow in line at Target with my twelve bags of half-off candy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment