12.07.2011

Christmas Time Is Here!



Howdy, y'all! It is that time of year again... cold fronts, so that we Floridians are forced to get out our sweaters for once. Decorations hanging all over our apartment. Exams hanging over my head for me to ignore, thereby enabling me to keep procrastinating. Yes, it is all of those things. Must mean Christmas is on its way!

I really can't even believe it's already December 7th. A whole week of December? Gone? What on earth is going on around here! 2011 flew by so fast that it's just silly. So many things have happened. A year ago, I never imagined that I would be spending my next Christmas in a place that is a bit much colder than it is here.

That cold place being Detroit.

With a boy. (Nah... man.)

Who I am in a relationship with.

And am spending the holidays with.

Along with 1273981723 other members of his family.



SO EXCITED!

I am too much in the Christmas spirit for studying for tests. I am beyond tempted to put A Christmas Story in the DVD player versus writing notes for all the essay questions that can appear on my final exam tomorrow. My final final exam. Praise the Lord.

No, really, praise Him for all He has done!


This truth is so very easy to forget. He came and was born among humans to suffer every day of His life as we do, in order to be crucified for our sins, and then come back to life, trumping death and revealing to us our glorious future in Him! How incredible that really is! I am not sure what this graphic is intended for, but I was inspired by the gravity of this verse along with it being Christmas-y indeed. Perhaps to frame on the wall in December as a reminder of why we celebrate this holiday in the first place.

I think red, gold, and silver are my favorite Christmas colors. One day, my house will have to be color coordinated to all fit into the same scheme... the idea of everything looking random and different will drive me crazy! It could last until I have some little kid handmade decorations to put up. Hmm, let's hope that is far away because the thought of that is kind of scary. Haha!

Anyways, meditate on the beauty of Christ's birth and life this holiday season! Oh, and study for your exams. They will be over so very soon. Have fun drinking hot chocolate and singing some carols!

- Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment