12.15.2011

A Winter's Tale

Well, yesterday, I was feeling very springy and sunshine-y. Like a bright bouncy daffodil. I was envisioning grass, flowers... in particular the smell of jasmine, which is my favorite thing about Florida springtime. It is just intoxicating!

But today, I am feeling much more wintry. On the real, I am tired of this weather. I would love to wear a jacket outside instead of shorts in December. Is that so much to ask, oh tropical peninsula? When will we have the slightest chance of lighting a fire in the fireplace without our faces melting off?!

Sometimes, when you can't get what you want, you have to pretend! (Within healthy reason, anyways. I am not saying you should forsake reality for delusional fantasy worlds.) Especially by making things that remind you that it's supposed to be winter.


Red, white, and black. It doesn't get much more classic than that. I really like white space when communicating winter and modernness. This is what I feel like Little Red Riding Hood would use on her stationery -- a little mysterious and dark but with a pretty, sexy pop of color. See, now who doesn't like fairy tales? Even if real winter isn't always that picturesque and lovely, it has its moments. Which I eagerly anticipate.

Stay dreamy!

- Lara

P.S. Many thanks to the efforts of the Graphics Fairy! She is responsible for this beautiful winter tree. I wish I could design things of that caliber. But for now, I appreciate what others provide for use. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment