12.17.2011

Oh You Fancy, Huh?

Some people are fancy people. They are swirly, curly, diamonds & pearls, champagne, and roses... or at least they are on the inside. When it's up to them to throw a big bash, they order swan ice sculptures and set out the silky tablecloths.

Some people, on the other hand, are no-frills. They are straight lines, black & white, martinis, and minimalists. They are likelier to throw a downtown party with a lot less glitz and a lot more fashion in form. Still sophisticated, still modern, but a lot less concerned with being too romantic and flowery.

There are people whose wedding invitations will have silver ribbons and an Edwardian cursive writing, and there are people who aim to impress in a different way.

This design didn't begin today, actually. It is a variation on one that I made a couple of months ago for my boyfriend's birthday. I got a two photo frame and put a pic of us on the top and filled the bottom part with this design. It looks different from the following design in a few ways but that it an original and will not be duplicated. :)


If you know me, you might see a resemblance with these silhouettes... haha!

What a sexy font! To some it might seem plain, but to me, it is fresh. I think the faces and the heart are fun, especially if someone were to have the front of their invitations refer to scripture. It's a balance of a beautiful truth about what love is really founded on with a reminder that the wedding will be anything but grave. I am really liking it! I think I will save a few things for the future... hmmmm. :)

Well, Star Wars IV is beginning to get good again. (Thanks Spike TV!) Back to what I do best -- nerding out a little bit on my Saturday nights! Sweet dreams, friends!

- Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment